Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Outdoor Entertaining with McArdle's


This is the time of year that I can't bear to be inside, making excuses of any kind to stay outside just a little bit longer (just like I did when I was 8 years old, begging to stay until I caught one more firefly or finished one more game of capture the flag!). While I still might stay outside to catch one more firefly, I'm just as likely to stay out on the patio for one more glass of wine with a great group of friends. Cooler temperatures forecasted for Greenwich this week means I will definitely be out there again this weekend!


After working so hard on my outdoor living spaces during the spring, I want nothing more than to share the fruits of my labor with company. Entertaining outdoors is so rewarding for me; the food just seems to taste better when it’s enjoyed outside. Because I've developed a system that works for me over the years, I'm more relaxed and am able to enjoy the party more -- something that doesn't go unnoticed by my guests. At McArdle’s, we can help with those special touches to make your party memorable. We have everything from the floral centerpieces (our website has lots of great options; Just Beachy is a perfect hostess gift or summer centerpiece for a small table), to gourmet goodies perfect for hors d’oeurves and desserts and cocktail napkins to match any decor, to the chairs to sit on and the umbrellas to sit under.


One thing that can absolutely ruin a party is a pesky mosquito buzzing in my ear. This year, with West Nile being found in mosquitoes in Old Greenwich, I want to be sure that my guests aren’t worried about them as well. This year I’ll be using Bite-Lite soy candles in addition to the more traditional torches. Bite-Lite candles are not only adorable (they come in luminary, metal tin and glass jar styles as well as simple votives), but have a delightful lemongrass and spearmint scent. For those who are looking for torches, we have them as well. In addition, we also have a selection of repellant sprays in our Garden Shop (some of which are organic, and others which contain DEET for those looking for ultimate protection).



Whatever your summer entertaining needs are, McArdle’s can help! Just email or give us a call, and we can help make your summer party the one people remember all winter long!

What's your favorite tip for hosting a specatular outdoor party?

No comments: