Thursday, July 21, 2011

Summer Sale and Other McArdle's Happenings!


It’s my favorite time of year in Greenwich – Sidewalk Sale is here! Greenwich Avenue is packed with people, cars and bargains. While you’re downtown, make sure you stop by McArdle’s and check out our Summer Sale on past-bloom perennials. We have some fabulous deals on healthy plants. I’ve got my eye on a gorgeous tree peony. Although it’s done blooming for this year, the show it will provide in May will make up for it.


Looking for something with instant gratification? Treat yourself to a bouquet of cut flowers! I love bringing the outdoors in this time of year, and nothing says summer to me like a vase full of hydrangeas. Join our (free!) Frequent Flower Club and you will instantly receive 20% off our entire stock of loose cut stems (excludes arrangements and out of town orders) for the upcoming year.

McArdle’s is also proud to announce our partnership with Red Clover Farms (located in nearby Seymour, CT) and their Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program, by serving as a pickup location for Kimberly’s amazing, organically grown produce. Be sure to check out the farm’s blog, filled with lots of delicious, nutritious and seasonal recipes! Today’s pickup included farm-fresh blueberries, peppers, cucumbers, leeks, and much, much more. My dinner will definitely include some of those cold, refreshing ‘cukes. If I'm feeling really refreshed, I might fix a blueberry fool for dessert if I can stand being in the kitchen long enough to whip the cream (it’s way too hot to even think about turning on the oven for a cobbler). Give us a call at (203)-661-5600 or email me for information on how to sign up!

What Greenwich event do you look forward to each year?

No comments: